Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Cold Cold Cold

It was 13 degrees outside last night. It was snowing when I went to bed, and when I woke up - get this? IT WAS STILL SNOWING!!! It finally stopped somewhere around ten o'clock, and at 1:30 this afternoon, it started snowing again. I guess my wish for a white Christmas is coming true. I like the snow, but i can really do without the 45 mph winds and close to sub-zero temperatures. I mean, afterall, we're not the Arctic Circle, are we? But, all in all, it is alright. It reminds me of when I was a little kid at Christmas time. Mom, my brother and I would be out playing in the snow while dad was snowblowing the driveway, and sometimes, "just" sometimes, the occasional snowball might cross dad's path. But, it makes me sad that society is too wrapped up in the hustle and bustle of the work week, that we don't even have time to make a snowball. It kinda sickens me, I miss those times. Coming home from school, taking my boots off and having my mommy make me a cup of hot cocoa. My challenge to myself and everyone else is to take time this Christmas to play in the snow, make a snowman, and for you football fans, tackle the snowman. What I'm saying is to spend some time together as a family.
Yes, Dr. Love DOES have a soft side.
Signing off,
Dr. Love

No comments:

Post a Comment