Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 25, 2010

Blogging Update

Well, it's been a while since my last post, and i have a ton of things on my mind, a few I will tell you and, for personal reasons, a few I won't.

Saturday evening, I was going through some things left in my Grandparents roll top desk. I came upon a few of my Grandad's(as we called him) off color jokes. He was a hayseed cowboy from Neligh, Nebraska, so I don't hold it against him, because, truth be told, my sense of humor is quite like his. I also found a letter he wrote to his mother when he was in school. Oh, how I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when he was my age. Then, as I was putting the jokes back in the drawer, I came upon something that almost brought me to tears immediately.

I found my Grandma's obituary and her funeral program. She passed away 2 years ago on the 22nd. We laid her in the ground on the 24th. My Grandmother was a very special lady, you could even find a few that would refer to her as a saint. She was the perfect Grandmother in my eyes. I remember the countless times that the family and I had made the 3 hour trip to Twin Falls to see the people I called "Grandma and Grandad. (note: later on in the final years of her life, Grandma was referred to as Agnes, Grams, Lady, etc.) Grams would always have either homemade cakemix cookies or duncan hines brownies made for me. She also always had a shoulder for me to cry on. Lately, I wish I had that shoulder back. My grandma was ans still is my hero. She was taken in 2008 from Pancreatic Cancer. All throughout the ordeal, not once did she cry, not once did she bitch, moan OR complain. She WAS the epitome of fighter.

Right now, the songs "Fight Like A Girl" by Bomshel and "Sissy's Song" by Alan Jackson bring me to tears when I hear them because of the meaning in them. Those that knew her, knew she was a very kind individual, and those that didn't know her came to know her very quick. She used to tell me that you can do anything with a little bit of duct tape, bailing wire and clothespins, which later turned into Grandma's Holy Trinity. We have a giant clothespin hanging by the kitchen window in her honor.

Well, I have to go back to work, so I will tell you more about her later.


Grams, you forever will be missed and loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment