Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 7, 2010

St. Louis Power Company

Once again, the world has shown me that it can change in a night. Yesterday, I had an overall good day. I had pizza and Pepsi for lunch, and I got my new cell phone after work.
The change you ask?

I woke up this morning and turned on the t.v. to watch a little of Reba. A commercial came on and I flipped to one of the national news channels...Yes, Dr. Love likes to keep himself educated on the current events of the world. Anyways, it was breaking news.

Some idiot madman had taken a gun, went to a St. Louis power company and opened fire on innocent people. I do not know if this individual was an ex-employee, if they had a mental condition or did it just for the hell of it.

I am a gun lover, and I fully support the 2nd Amendment, and it REALLY gets under my skin when someone takes something I love and screws it up. Now, because of this and the incident at Fort Hood, I'm probably gonna have to go through a set of papers as thick as the bible to get ammunition for my firearms.

I fully believe in gun control, and I believe in and follow the rules of firearms. To everyone that hates guns...Some of you have a mindset that anyone who owns a gun is a madman. I will respect your opinion, but realize that this gives me full rights to believe that since you own a motor vehicle, you are a madman.

The point is that GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, THE ONE THAT PULLS THE TRIGGER IS THE CULPRIT. The same goes for vehicles, THE CAR DOESN'T KILL THE LITTLE INNOCENT CHILD, IT'S THE MORON BEHIND THE WHEEL.

Now I know that someone is bound to say that guns have been known to go off for no reason at the time, but upon further investigation, the cause was a malfunction in the weapon due to lack of maintenance and/or abuse.

What I am trying to voice here is my thought, if you are so pissed off at the world about something, don't reach for a gun or for your keys. Go blog about it, or talk to your family about it. When you are cooled off, play with your family. Be thankful that you had the control to keep from screwing your life up.

God bless and good day

Dr. Love

P.S. Here at the Rag, our prayers go out to the families of those affected by the St. Louis and Fort Hood tragedies.

No comments:

Post a Comment